Friday, May 30, 2008

First day of class needlepoint

For the record, the Dorms Fire alarm went off this morning and luckily cause it was so cold I slept in my sweater and went downstairs. It really wasn't cool at like 6:15 this morning, and I can't imagine what it is like when the dorms are full ( I'm going to class but will post picture later)


Well we learned on the First day how to needlepoint. Who taught you ask ?

Catherine Leslie who is a professor at Kent state university and she wrote Needlework through History: An Encyclopedia.

Dr. Leslie is an Assistant Professor in The Fashion School at Kent State University where she teaches History of Costume, History of Textiles, Fashion Merchandising, and workshops in the Needle Arts.


It was a lot of fun learning the new techniques. The stitches we learned were continental (tent) and bargello. We also got free jelly bags, I am not sure who donated them but that you very much.



Here is a picture( left to right) of

Pippa who is going to Classic Elite

Becky who is going to Coats and Clark

Erica who is going to Tanglewood.
Dana who is going to Knitwits




Also Katie who is going with me to Misti International.


We have to make a coaster and a bookmark. My book mark is well this is it, not finished.

No comments: