Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Did we say I can move here?


This post was from the 13th.

OK yesterday we picked up the designer from the airport. Today we picked up JAY ( Kaites soon to be husband). Well they were very happy to see each other and I can’t wait to go to their wedding.


We then went part I think seven in all to a great restaurant by the founders home. We had a great lunch Jay and I had the Americano ( very small piece of traditional Peruvian food) Katie had tasty tasty Fried chicken


This was in the country where we saw cows, a cute mastiff, a cat, ducks, sheep’s, and well big big bulls.


After Lunch we went and had a tasty treat and I am grateful to Miguel for. I think he only tells me about local sweets every few days as he fears I will go into sugar coma. This was fried yeasted dough ( think similar to a funnel cake but not quite) covered in Sugar cane syrup. TASTY. In lima they make them from pumpkin. Bunuelos? Something like this I’ll find out. But I had four. There are ladies there who each make them just a tad different do families have their favorite ladies.


Then we went and drove into the square for Jay to see.


Then tonight they left me and went to stay at the Aunts house. I a, happy they get to have a mini holiday and have left me for the beach ( smiles and waves) and maybe I ll see pictures when they get back.

Tonight off to bed tomorrow is the workshop with Randi I look forward from learning from her she is filled with great knowledge.


Oh you know it is a bird!

2 comments:

::Alejandro:: said...

Those fritters are actually called picarones...nice post.

::Alejandro:: said...

In fact, we liked your description and picture of those picarones so much, we featured them at Peru Food...

Saludos!

http://perufood.blogspot.com/2008/08/on-blogs-peruvian-food-roundup.html