Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Earthquake. Coffee. Protest. Riots?

Sorry this blog is really from the 8th


I know we already informed our family but to all our friends.


This morning we were jolted out of bed at 4Am by an earthquake. Now I waited in bed for a few minutes but then I decided I should wake Katie up who not being from CA, I don' t think she knew for a few what was going on. It was a pretty long earthquake, enough time to contemplate getting out of bed, then getting out of bed then to make sure Katie knew what was going on ( she was asleep for half of it) then for Katie to find her shoes, me my glasses, tell Katie to get away from the window,look at the swinging chandler, look in the hall way at the sister running around then finally stand in the door frame. So all in in all it was a 5.8. ( click here for article)

We settled back into bed then woke up to go to a meeting for a photo shoot. It was interesting to learn the ins an outs of this part of the Business.

WE then had a tasty lunch of stuffed avocado ( chicken, peas, mayo, cilantro).


Then we went to work. While we were there we worked on stuff for the workshop. There were these sheep going up the hill when we were in the office.

We then went to meet an interpreter for the workshop. She was super nice and had learned while English in exchange n Virginia .I had a café con Leche and these tasty cookie thing called Alfajor.

After that we went to multiple touring agencies. While Miguel, and Katie haggled with them, I worked on my sock. ( I wish I had the travel agent hold my sock).


After that it was late like 8:30. So we came home and talked about Politics and the world. Miguel is a super life and Professional mentor. He also appraised us on the political situation tomorrow, that there would be protest, and riot police out.That we are a little unsure if it will be bad or nothing.( click here for news article).


This is a picture of a pickup truck that ahd animal hides in it the other day.

We also went shopping last night with Miguel. He showed us a new super market that was good. WE got real good Belgium Cheese, good ham, Coconut cookie, Coca energy cookies, Pear juice ( that is all mine), Katie got some chips.

No comments: