Friday, December 19, 2008

So I got here

While I made it on the plane to Lima, and got through customs, and the hour before my flight I paid my domestic tax and went through security. OR shall I say “ tried” to go through security.

I was stopped for… Hold all your damn horses. Frelling knitting needles.

I know what your all going ot say. But I flew from Lima to Arequipa and back over summer with knitting needles with no problems! Clue if I went through LAX and Mexico City security with them not saying anything wtf?

I didn’t get rude or belligerent but I was pissed, as I had asked at the counter. Well I had to go pack to the counter and have them put my stuff in a plastic bag and tape it up ( would it get there?), go back and pay the tax. Oh and my zipper had broke on my rolly luggage in which I had my laptop that you HAVE to take out.


Needless to say this object of shame made it.

So I got here yesterday. It was nice to see Alfonzo, and his family has been very polite and understanding that I didn't learn Spanish. There wasn't enought time to learn that an O Chem.

Here you can see my view from my room. it is in Sabandia Distric
this is more in the country then last time when I stayed at miguels. Alot of cows, chickens, sheep, horses and i think a donkey.

Which I slept most of the day. Then I had lunch with Alfonsos Family, which was a wonderful soup and a beef dish for a second. Alfonsos mom got me a stocking for the door is nice.

I slept for most of the rest of the day. Then went to buy ingredients for the making of panettone. We went to a store to buy candies and stuff. We then went to look at panettone boxes. Then desserts for dinner.

This morning I was woken up at 5 Am by the bright Sun.Wow who knew?

Everyone had stuff to do so I sat out side and knitted .The cook Lucemilla ( sp ?) was concerned I would burn because we all know I am translucent and kept trying to get me to sit in shade or wear a hat. Did I mention that I suck at Spanish? And everyone suggested I say stuff.Which really is the best way to learn and they are all being so patient.

So I went and sat in the shade and it was a wonderful day with warm weather and light breeze.

I am knitting a hat that it said to use 4 initially, then 6. Well I only have 6. So I am trying to make Wavy Feathers cap from the 2009 knit a day. With Alpaca and silk. I am going to yarn store on Monday YAY.

Alfonso was buying stuff and I was sitting in car, and saw a shop with WOOL! Cardedbatts of wool. I didn't see anything like this last time nad they were all in really bright colors.I really wanted to jump out of the car, but Alfonzo had told me it was shisty ( my word not his), soo we go back one day after Xmas when not so crowded.


This was lunch today:

Also we go to a wedding tomorrow, and here I am going to wear one of these.


Did I mention Alfonzo makes Panettones, and the air around the house smells like baking panettones?
Here is a picture of the boxes and some panettones:


No comments: