Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Peru- Then there was one......07 AUG

And then there was one. Yesterday morning Katie and I had a solemn silence between us. An odd energy probed the air. It was our last day, last morning as I was going to a lunch. We joked and I watched as she tried to shove way too much crap into her luggage…..


It made me think back two months and everything in between… When she first got here, Pisco sours, food, asking if 11 Am is too early for a drink, trying to figure out a million things in Spanish, watching grandpa wonder into out room at 10 Pm and then laugh while we both are knitting.. Trying to figure out the workshop and Photos shoot, riding Peruvian stepping horses, and horses in PUNO with large herds of alpacas

I didn’t know that when we were assigned to be together on this internship that we would like each other so much. There is nothing like being in a country where no one but one other person understands you, and turning to that person and asking , “ what the hell did they just say.”



I doubt I'll ever forget the expressions on our faces the first time we went to the market here, or riding to and from Calicampo hoping the taxi driver was going to take the better route, or when someone translated something wrong and told me to rub peanut butter on my face.

. I never knew someone's optimism and wonderful spirit could be so infectious… Katie put up with me being snarky, cynical, and sometimes just cranky. The looks of confusion… I'll miss Katie, we have been each other’s companions for almost 24 hours straight… and through all Katie kept smiling.

It is sad, I ll leave tomorrow shell come back from Cusco on Sunday then leave…. I don’t know what to do with no one to buy hordes or yarn with, drink pisco, shopping trips, looks of confusion at dinner or social situations…

Bye Kate. It is sad with you leaving but the trip has been one awesome experience made all the better because you were here too.

No comments: