Thursday, June 19, 2008

Arequipa. Food. Katie.Food.

So,

I arrived to Arequipa. I tool some pictures


This is the cost on the flight from Lima




This is Arequipa from the air ( much like my familys home)





Snack box



Mountains around Arequipa.



It was fathers Day….. So we spent it with Miguels family.


We had Yucca fried with a spicy pepper dip and soda ( a carbonated healthy fruit juice), and wine,

I had a plain chicken soup and some Rocoto Relleno, with layered potato dish.



After a chilly night I got up at 5:30 to go and get Katie.

YAY KAITE, I did a little happy dance.

We came home and ate breakfast then napped until Lunch. Lunch was a delicious lamb soup with Yucca and potatoes, very very flavorful lamb. And a meat pasta dish with Chicha Morada ( this is made from a purple corn boiled with sugar and spices)


We then went to Calicampo, where we learned the lay out and staff, Showering then dinner .

No comments: