Friday, June 27, 2008

FOOTBALL! BEER! and bad internet...

We had offended the internet gods this weekend.
My Email to my mom this morning went something like
" So some how internet down.... email you later
I need to shower.... Much drinking envolved."

So On Saturday morning we lounged around, and then went to a soccer game. Before game we went to a nice hotel and a had a tasty meal of pork, giant corn pan fried that became bready, and onions and potatoes this was very good.

OK, football in other countries is intense we watched a game of 36-48 year old men, and it was really intense.

Afterwards they pass around a glass and a big bottle of beer ( about 30 people, I know I know), you say salute to the person on your whatever the direction the bottle is going and drink the glass, but should you be caught with two bottles in your hand ( like Katie was) this means you are going to be married, if you have a bubble in the bottle you will have money ( Katie did too), but if the bottle runs out you have to drink the first part of the new bottle ( this happened to me about three times).

We then came home an knit a lot and it was fun

We were abruptly awoken on Sunday morning around 10Am, we then went on a little jaunt around the country side, to see the white Christ.


had yet another lunch,. It was so tasty……. IT was at some famous Spanish guys house, and there were alpaca ( It was Katies first) and llamas.

These big pots were used to ferment Chicha mora


Katie had ceviche,


I had an Americano which is like a little of everything, which included a spicy fava bean stuff, tasty mashed potatoes, cooked lamb, cookied foot of cow, rice and a fired carrot cake thing.


Katie kept feeding thig prego cat


We also had fired Yucaitas which are very tasty as well of course with Arequipa beer, as always we are becoming good drinkers of this beer.


We then stopped off at the market , for groceries and I had to go to the pharmacist to get something for the raw skin around my nose, of course this was a translation Spanglish fest, of the pharmacist asking Myan (Alejandros fiancĂ©) questions, who would then ask Alejandro, then me, and when he asked infection I said no and was worried he gave me antibiotics. Thank goodness he didn’t and it was all good.

We came home for a breather and then went to the movies and me and kaite were able to sit together but it was packed and I spent most of the time curled up next to Katie. All this time the DAMN internet wouldn’t work.

No comments: